Pastor Soo-Hea brings an expansive set of skills in ministry and pastoral care that reflect her deep spirituality, strong prayer life, and faithfulness to God.
She has worked many different roles, in and out of churches before coming to Bethel International in January of 2022. The following roles have enriched her life and strengthed her skills in ministry:
- Announcer and a producer at the Far East Broadcasting Company, in Seoul, Korea
- Pastor of Olive Branch United Methodist Church (now called Emmanuel UMC) in Batavia, Ohio
- Pastor of Scioto Ridge UMC in Hilliard, Ohio
- Held an extended chaplin residency position at University of California/Davis Medical Hospital while earning her Dr. of Ministry from Theological Seminary in Dayton, Ohio
- Pastor of Harpster UMC in Harpster, Ohio
Soo-Hea leads our Korean-speaking congregation as their pastor. In her own words, she says, "Through life experiences I have developed a tremendous faith by seeking God with my whole heart." Along with reading the Bible and other books, Soo-Hea enjoys cooking, baking, singing, traveling, and spending time with family and friends.
Soo-Hea is the first of four children. Her parents we so excited they could not sleep the evening she was born, as they were trying to decide on a name. They came to choose Soo-Hea. “Soo" means beautiful stone and "Hea" means sweet fragrance, so the name "Soo-Hae" holds characteristics of strength and soft and gentle sweetness. Today, Soo-Hae has grown into a person of faith, strength and gentleness, just as her parents had hoped when they named her.