Pastor Glenn’s passion in ministry is fostering diverse community centered in Christ.
He has served churches in West Ohio Conference since 1990. Before coming to Bethel International in July 2018, he served:
- Maple Grove UMC (in Clintonville)
- Christ UMC (a multi-racial, multi-cultural congregation on the East side of Columbus)
- Maynard Avenue UMC (a small, eclectic congregation near Indianola and Hudson)
- started summer programs for urban children
- formed partnerships with city recreations centers and public schools
- visited United Methodist churches and orphanages in Liberia
- led the Worship Team for annual conference
- always welcomed any and all who would come.
As an introvert, Pastor Glenn feels deeply the longing we all have to be loved and cared for—even when we are not sure how to seek that out. Surely there could be no better place to foster diversity community centered in Christ than Bethel International UMC!
Pastor Glenn and his wife, Carolyn Wahlmark, have lived in Columbus since 1994. Pastor Glenn grew up in rural central Kansas and got a B.A. in Classics from the University of Kansas, later studying at the University of Illinois and attending seminary at Emory University in Atlanta. Though he cheers for the Buckeyes, it’s still Jayhawk blood in his veins. Carolyn graduated from Augustana College in Rock Island, Illinois, and the University of Illinois. She works as a librarian at OCLC in Dublin. Pastor Glenn and Carolyn have two daughters—Emily who works with survivors of human trafficking in Kansas, and Rachel, studying Classical Civilizations at the University of Cincinnati.