About

Our History

Bethel United Methodist Church is a long lived congregation in a growing community in which many new families are finding a wonderful place to worship. The congregation was established in 1842 and subsequently built on a site east of the present building. (The Refectory Restaurant & Bistro currently occupies our original church building).

As the community grew, so did the congregation. Our current membership numbers over 720, with annual operating budget of $307,000. The present worship setting was built and dedicated in 1971. It includes a beautiful oak sanctuary surrounded by stained glass windows, administrative offices, lounge, choir room, and classrooms. In 1980 classrooms, kitchen and fellowship hall were added.

As our congregation grows, so do we. In 1995, we completed a major expansion to the fellowship and educational area; a Family Life Center that seats 660, provides a theatrical setting and recreational facility, a youth room area, and many more classrooms. This type of growth proves to us that God's Word is important and that it is our desire to spread the Word to everyone.

While some of our members have lived in the area for many years, as the community has developed, we have welcomed friends from all over the country into our church family.

A cordial invitation is extended to you to worship, study, and play with us at Bethel.

The First 100 Years  After the 100th Anniversary  Flowering the Cross   Symbols  The Bell  UMW

  • Nurturing
  • Witness
  • Outreach