Where have you seen God at work?
“Where have you seen God at work?” It’s a question I’ve been asking the church staff, Leadership Board members, and others. God is at work everywhere, all the time. The spiritual life is about learning and training ourselves to see where and how God is at work. Sharing with one another expands our spiritual vision—I learn to see God where you do, and you learn to see God where I do.
Since coming to Bethel International Church, I have seen God at work in many places:
- On the faces of VBS children learning to pray and be a team
- In the solos and music at both services
- In the way Dick Thomas and our other volunteers welcome people at the front desk
- In young adults wielding paint brushes for Habitat for Humanity
- Sharing the Lord’s Supper at the nursing home with Herb & Doris Abel
- I could go on . . . and on.
The old hymn says, “Open my eyes that I may see glimpses of truth thou hast for me.” A more contemporary song says, “Open the eyes of my heart, Lord; I want to see you.”
Where have you seen God at work? I want to know. Please leave a comment below.